N55 E92 on Pure 750 / Load & Boost Request Issue

valpfrmnc

Private
Nov 11, 2023
Houtan, again appreciate your help. I found my issue with the misfire and the torque limit limp mode. Misfire was due too big fuel lines, not enough low fuel pressure. The limp mode issue is happening if i lower the fuel mass supplied by the DI injectors through the fuel scalar. (Which is the proper way to dial in PI) If i leave it stock the car doesnt throw a limp mode but then it runs obviously too rich since the DI doesnt know it has to supply less fuel and the PI kicks in.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
If you use the correction table to reduce DI fuel supply will it still go into limp mode? Just wondering. Should be same result... DME must have a threshold on fueling it's monitoring.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
We had the issue with fuel mass for years. Typically happens when someone added any sort of port injection. The fuel mass goes below the factory threshold and triggers limp mode. There is a table that Chris is referring to that allows you to lower the minimum allowable mass and scalar values.

What fuel pump are you running? Interesting the fuel pressure was too low. Are you using your reflex to read low pressure?

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

valpfrmnc

Private
Nov 11, 2023
I found another table (damos) based on injection time and rpm that i rescaled and lowered the values accordingly to not hit the limit of the HPFP. From there the PI supplies fuelling. Works good so far. As for motiv, yes i do use a sensor for low side pressure and an ethanol sensor, both wired to the reflex. That gives you the most accurate fuelling even not controlled by the DME since the flow can change based on pressure and fuel demand based on ethanol content.
Its not expensive and easy to setup.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Screenshot of the table?

I’m not home but will show you the tables that I’m talking about tonight

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Stokes, which table do you mean? In tunerpro its called fuel scalar (what i used)
1000014468.jpg

Here's a BM3 version of the S63. I'll get the German table name and post back.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Here are the tables I was referring to. Don’t ask me what they exactly do because I don’t know!

The first set of tables is factory values, and the second set of tables is what we are running. The bottom table in the pictures I believe is linked to fuel scaler and so if you go below .883 it may throw you into limp mode so we run it at .5 to have plenty of space to go below .883.
IMG_9962.jpeg
44C7E616-DBCA-4C43-8744-C2D9C996956C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

valpfrmnc

Private
Nov 11, 2023
Stokes exactly that table i am using now and it works. Houtan, you are right i forgot the monitoring. That should do it for my issue and i can use the fuel scalar table. Its better anyways than the table based on injection timing. Once the car is dialed with 28 psi flat i will work on the vanos as there is some gains to expect and will share results.

1714522154710.png

Last edited: